18 Avon Terrace, York, WA 6302, Australia
Celebrating its rich colonial heritage, this stunning example of pioneering Australia personifies the finest in romantic, country charm of a bygone era.
Built in 1873 and just minutes from York’s charismatic town centre and around an hour from Perth Airport, Langsford House sits proudly on a land area spanning over 3,000sqm. Framed by the peaceful surrounds of manicured and reticulated parkland gardens, water features and ponds, paved courtyards and access to the Avon River, there is a true sense of tranquillity that accompanies this property.
Meticulously restored to honour its former glory, this double-storey, four-bedroom, three-bathroom home features sweeping, timber verandas on both levels, exquisitely ornate ceiling roses and pendant lighting, generous sash windows and doors, and original polished jarrah boards, offset by rich, heritage-style carpet in select bedrooms and living areas. Like many grand homes of its era, the stairway landing is currently used as a cosy sitting or reading area, with access to a private study nearby.
Warm, Baltic pine clad ensuite bathrooms (one with a stunning claw foot bath) with window views, Edwardian tap and sink-ware, accompany two bedrooms meaning there are master suite options on both the ground and top floor levels.
Entertaining has clearly been a priority in this iconic home. With the formal dining room framed by a beautifully restored fire-place, whilst a recently renovated, large and light-filled kitchen features abundant cupboard space, timber benches, a deep twin sink and a fittingly installed, Falcon gas oven. A second casual breakfast or informal dining/living area leads to a modern, complementary family room with terracotta floor tiling, sky high ceilings, generous windows and access to an expansive, paved courtyard.
Equipped with a stone wine cellar, grand entrance drive way (with plentiful parking), giant colourbond shed with concrete floor and power, shaded canopy for additional vehicle cover, a heated swimming pool, 20,000L water tank and ducted air-conditioning throughout, this home has the potential to bring years of joy to a growing family who appreciate nature and the outdoors or could potentially succeed as a boutique bed and breakfast operation.
Nearby amenities and attractions include IGA supermarket, Settlers House, The York Palace and the Imperial Homestead among a range of convenience stores located along Avon Terrace.
– Iconic, colonial grandeur built in 1873
– Over 3,000 sqm land-holding near Avon River
– Surrounded by picturesque, parkland gardens, water features and courtyards
– Ducted air-conditioning throughout
– Recently renovated light-filled kitchen with Falcon gas oven
– Abundant living and entertaining areas, most with romantic fire places
– Original polished jarrah flooring and plush, heritage-style carpets throughout
– Exquisite ceiling roses and antique-style pendant lighting
– Spacious pine-clad bathrooms with Edwardian-style features
– Large stone wine cellar and heated swimming pool
– Large shed and abundant parking for 6x vehicles
– Just one hour and fifteen minutes from Cottesloe
– Just one hour from Perth Airport and close to Avon Terrace amenities